UPDATED & EFFECTIVE 7/20/19
**ABSOLUTELY NO STUD CLEATS. TURF SHOES ONLY. ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHTING. NO SLIDING. MUST SIGN WAIVER WHEN JOINING THE LEAGUE GAMES**
1. 7 players v 7 players (6 outfield players & 1 goalkeeper per team)
2. Squads may have up to 10 players. Players can be added to the roster after the culmination of the league with league admin approval.
3. Games are 50 minutes in length. They will consist of twenty-five (25) minute halves and include one (1) minute rest. Games will kick-off on time and teams may be penalized if they fail to arrive on time for their game.
4. There is NO offside rule.
5. NO SLIDE TACKLES AT ANY TIME. Please stay on you to stay on your feet, this is a friendly but competitive league. Second offense will be a yellow card.
6. ALL free-kicks are direct unless the referee states otherwise. A wall is allowed but all opposing players must be 8 yards from the ball
7. Penalty-Kicks are taken 10 yards from goal
- MUST release the ball from their hands within six(6) seconds. Failure to do so will result in a DIRECT free-kick to the opposing team from the edge of the area.
- Cannot use hands when the ball is passed back by a teammate with the exception of a header pass.
8a. The GKs area will be marked by a white box. GKs can only handle the ball within this area. All decisions on what is inside or outside the box will be ultimately decided by the referee. THE REFEREE'S DECISION IS FINAL. If a GK handles the ball outside the area a free kick will be awarded and a yellow or red card may be given.
9. Teams must have a MINIMUM OF 5 PLAYERS to start the game.
10. In a regular season teams will receive:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
11. The league table will be decided by the following:
- Total points gained
- Goal differential
- Goals scored
- Head to Head scoreline
12. During Playoffs and Championship game, in the result of a tie, each team will take three penalty-kicks. If the score is level after three kicks, it will go to sudden death. Players can not take more than one penalty kick unless sudden death goes on long enough to come back round to the first player
13. If a player is injured or bleeding they must leave the field of play until they are ready to come back on. The players uniform must be completely free of blood before entering the field of play again
14. If a player receives a yellow card, their team must play a player down for 2 minutes, even if a goal is scored. Half-time ends the carded player's time off the field
15. If a player receives a red card, the player must leave the field of play, but will be allowed to stay within the park grounds if their conduct is appropriate. The team of the offending player will play a player down for the reminder of their match
16. The referee's decision is final. If a player would like to complain to the league regarding a particular game or incident, they must do so within 24 hours of that game. They must make the complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'COMPLAINT'.
17. There are unlimited substitutions.
18. Just like in any soccer game, goals CAN be scored direct from kick-off.
19. Shin-guards are not required but are recommended.
20. The league does not tolerate violence of any kind. Your actions may result in police involvement and you will almost definitely receive a suspension from the league.
21. Games will be played come rain or shine. However, if there is snow or the field is unfit to use, the league reserve the right to cancel games and will provide teams with a make-up date. All decisions on the day's games will be made before 1 hour before kickoff if possible and the captain of each team will receive a phone call, text message or email.
22. Cancellations after kickoff will be made at the referee's discretion. A make-up date will be arranged if needed.
23. Subs on the fly at any stoppage. Please notify the referee for a keeper change. Play will restart on the whistle when the keeper is ready.